Thursday, March 24, 2011

March Madness = Pirate Orgy

If you couldn't tell from this old post, I'm not a big fan of sports. Actually, stupid sports fans are where the real problem lies.

Anyway, with all the talk of college basketball around me at work, I was beginning to feel left out. Thanks to my friend's timely post complaining about her bracket, she provided me with a bracket that I could fill out completely based on mascot cuteness!

According to a coworker, they are down to like 16 teams already.  But, I promise you, I am not cheating and really basing my answers on mascot cuteness.  Rest assured, I have been following the happenings of the Final Four or whatever about as closely as I follow my Playboy subscription...

You might need to click on the pic to make it bigger/legible.

So a few things:
  1. There is a clear stand out winner, in my opinion.  It is shocking that with only 4 team members, the Red Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles took the cup/trophy/title/banner?
  2. The University of Texas is the only recognizable mascot by this blogger.
  3. There was almost a pirate/pirate face off in the finals.
  4. There are A LOT of Pirate school mascots.
  5. And bears (of varying emotional states/cuteness)
Can I call into work with 'March Madness'? Sounds serious.

4 comments:

Gina said...

I was going to make fun of you for using the term "liger" until I realized that UA's mascot is a "Wildcat"... and since that isn't very specific, I figured, "Why NOT call it a liger?"

Well played.

John said...

I almost called the 'genies' the 'terrorists' because, I mean look at that little guy.

Also, why is the NCAA so riddled with bears and cat-like mascots? There is very little sea creature representation. And all the birds look pissed!

Anonymous said...

this lady used your logic:
http://johnsintellectualgobbledygook.blogspot.com/

Langley said...

they should have an ANGRY BIRD mascot!!