Wednesday, February 18, 2009

people, they throw their poop!

While I hope this weirdo of a woman recovers from her (arguably self-inflicted) injuries, I have to ask, who has a pet chimp? I’ve seen Planet Earth footage of chimps going… well... ape $H!+. It’s not pretty. Speaking of @#$! and not pretty, people, they throw their own poop! I didn’t even think it was legal to own such animals.

Anyway, about the self-inflicted part, first of all, pet chimp. That should actually rest my case, but this woman, Charla Nash, might have been asking for it. The story on CNN.com says that Nash thought her ‘domesticated’ chimp, Travis, was acting “rambunctious.” So, with her PhD (I’m sure) in comparative primate pharmacology, she decided to crush a Xanax into a cup of tea. What is this woman thinking? I think it’s a great idea to roofie my 200lb chimp. Really?

To further prove my point that Nash did nothing to prevent this, in 2003 Travis “escaped in 2003 and "wreaked havoc" on the streets of Stamford for a couple of hours.” Really? The story didn’t go into detail about what exactly “havoc” means, but I doubt he was dancing on soap boxes and doing a soft shoe. Why wasn’t this animal put down right then and there? This woman obviously doesn’t have the proper means to contain him and if she wants her face eaten that’s one thing, but to leave the community at risk?!?!

The article concluded with details about how the chimp displayed helpful/entertaining human traits: web surfing, plant watering, and wine drinking. Yes, I said wine drinking… don’t get me started on that. Anyway, no matter how human an animal acts or however a convincing of a mimic it is, it’s not. Stick to cats and dogs people!

No comments: