Friday, November 21, 2008

Texans do it right.

20 years? Really? A soldier in the US Army was convicted of multiple rapes and murders back when I was 3 years old. He has been on death row for the better part of the past 2 decades. When his body should have been worm food and long forgotten, this sad excuse for a human being got to see the birth of the Internet, the advent of the iPod, 9/11, and Miley Cirus’s sick rise to fame from the comfort of his cell.

Now, I’m about 4 years shy of my legal degree, but I used to watch the Practice and Law & Order (the original) religiously. Although I understand that convicted criminals have some sort of appeal process that has to factor in new evidence and the occasional guest star DA who is hard up for some fierce justice, but 20 years? Really? Shouldn’t he get 1 or 2 appeals if there is substantial new evidence or the aforementioned guest star? If he’s still guilty, bang the gavel, take him behind the court house, pull the trigger, and donate what’s left of his body to medical research!

Per the article, this sub-human was convicted in military and civilian courts for 2 murders, 1 attempted murder, and 5 rapes. Since that time, he has been eating, showering, working out, and watching TV all on tax dollars I would rather spend painting stripes on dirt roads. Sick! From now on, those tacky bumper stickers should read, “I Support the Troops!* (except for Pvt. Ronald Gray and the other 9 A-Holes on military death row).”

So, let me scream it loud and clear, thank goodness for George W. Bush! I can’t believe I just typed/said that… it kind of hurt my teeth/fingers… Anyway, only a President from the Lone Star State would have stamped his approval on giving what this man has coming to him! Texans do it right: big hair, great universities, Kelly Clarkson, and, of course my favorite: capital punishment.

No comments: