Monday, August 18, 2008

Monday Mourning

So, if it weren’t enough that I have a temporary depression every Sunday night, my Monday hasn’t started off to spectacularly. Yes, I had a fun weekend full of karaoke, wine, Mama Mia!, Desperate Housewives, and a successful (albeit stressful) trip to the grocery store, but it’s over now.

Let’s break down the nitty gritty. I went to bed at a good time and even set my alarm early enough to allow me press my work clothes, make a good breakfast, and get to work with all my bells and whistles polished. Well, that’s all fine and dandy, but what if your alarm never goes off?!?! Cut to me at 7:10 (a good 40 minutes after said alarm should have been buzzing that unholy sound) leaping out of bed and into the shower. In a record breaking 20 minutes, I was able to press a polo, do my hair, and jump in my car.

If all of this weren’t enough, the weather has definitely mirrored my muggy demeanor this morning, and believe you me traffic was just a cupcake this morning. All of the things I ranted about in my previous blog and more happened as I gripped my steering wheel so hard I almost ripped it off! So, I guess 1 of 2 things should happen this morning. Either my office needs to implement a round of Monday Morning Bloody Mary’s or the rest of my week needs to not reflect this ridiculous morning! Fingers crossed for the former!

No comments: