Wednesday, April 22, 2009

just shootin' the $#%!

While my heart breaks for this family and I pray that the child recovers, I can’t help but think that there is just too much stupid in the world for all parties involved. Headline: Boy finds forgotten gun, accidentally shoots self in head. Really?!

Apparently the parents are reporting that they had moved and forgot they owned a deadly weapon and it was just chilling in some coat closet or something. I’m sorry, but that’s like saying “I forgot which salt shaker has arsenic in it.” Personally, I think guns are awesome. I’ve shot skeet (once), enjoyed the thrill, and will totally get my concealed hand gun license the second I get my green card. But, even I know that there is a great deal of responsibility that comes with gun ownership. It’s not the sort of thing you just leave lying around like last weeks US Weekly. Parents: stupid.

Now, I feel badly about the kid with the gun wound in his head, but he was freaking 12 years old. Any young boy above the age of 6 has seen a gun. Maybe not in person, but aren’t people always complaining about violence in the media? Countless video games, TV shows, and films have guns. You know how they work. So why would you point the barrel ANYWHERE near your head or try to handle one? Curiosity may kill the cat, but apparently it just puts stupid kids in the ICU.

Also, the parents aren’t being charged with ANYTHING! Plus, the kid who shot himself was totally skipping school!!! I’m just annoyed that this is just another feather in the caps of bleeding heart liberal gun-haters. The problem isn’t the gun, it’s the stupid people who play with them and/or do not properly store them. John’s Headline: Guns don’t kill people, stupid does.

Full Article: http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/04/21/forgotten.gun/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

No comments: