Tuesday, December 2, 2008

life lessons

Life is a learning experience, and there’s nothing like a learning experience to make you feel really, really stupid. They say you learn something new everyday, and depending on how dumb you are, maybe more…

Have you ever learned a new word and then turned around and over the next few days heard it what feels like a billion times? You sit there and think to yourself, ‘how did I go my whole life without knowing the meaning of this word?’ It’s like walking into a sliding glass door over and over again!

It’s similar to the conversational revelation of finding out that you are weird. Have you ever been sitting in a large group of people sharing stories that everyone can relate to and you decide to share something? The group is talking about everything and after every story, every person is like ‘oh, I know, I hate when that happens!’ Then you decide to share what you feel is a super common occurrence in your life, and crickets. No, not even crickets, we’re talking even the crickets feel so awkward they’re silent. I hate that!

Also, in every day learning experiences, do you ever just feel like you should have taken the short bus? I mean, it’s not like you’ve been thrown head first into brain surgery, you’re trying to use a copier, navigate somewhere new, or find a website. For some reason, the person explaining it to you sounds like they’re speaking Dirka. You know you’re not stupid, but for some reason your brain is still at home in bed. I don’t know how many times I’ve called someone or opened up an Internet Explorer window and had NO idea what I was going to do or why?

Oh well, some weeks, everyday is Monday…

No comments: