Friday, October 9, 2009

Uh-Mazing!

You know, in a world where bad things happen to good people and governments hand out hand-outs like STDs at a frat party, there are a few good souls out there who just get things so right. Inventors, innovators, angels (if you will), create such amazing things that enhance our lives and provide reasons to get out of (or stay in) bed. In the past I have compiled pretty useless posts about my favorite things or things I cannot live without, but the following are my new reasons for living…

1) Bacon Salt & Baconnaise. That’s right, y’all. I was perusing the InterWeb and stumbled upon this lovely little advertisement for these bacon infused condiments. I don’t think such a random discovery has been made since Pandora fiddled her little box or Alice chased the White Rabbit down a hole of bacony goodness. I also am adopting their slogan as my new personal mantra, “Everything should taste like bacon.” Feel free to visit their mouth-watering website (http://www.baconsalt.com/), nominate them for a Nobel Prize, and tell everyone you know about these amazing products.

2) Snuggies. I don’t know what horrible person out there started the idea that Snuggies are quote “unsexy, stupid, or lame.” But, whoever you are, suck it. Snuggies might just be the best thing to happen to couch potatoes since the couch itself. I technically do now own one, but this is one commercial John Boerger does not fast forward through on DVR. I even went as far as to cut holes into an old throw blanket with very disappointing results. So, this Christmas, Hanukah, or Wednesday, buy a Snuggie for someone you love (i.e. – me).

3) Thisiswhyyourefat.com. I am usually disgusted by obscene displays of food (i.e. – Man Vs. Food), but something about this website is heart poundingly fantastic. Most of the time it is over the top and I go into cardiac arrest just from looking at the photos, but once my heart starts beating again, I find myself entranced by one of their greasy discoveries. Whether it is the ‘Bacon Infused Onion Ring’ or the ‘KFC Quadruple Down Sandwich,’ my ONLY complaint about this website is their flagrant and offensive lack of recipes.

These are just a few of my favorite things that Julie Andrews never really sang about, but that doesn’t make them any less special than bright copper kettles. I am so over the moon about these things, they are just three more feathers in my cap that put a spring in my step and a beat in my heart.

PS – Obviously, between 1 and 3, I’ve had a long, deep, passionate love affair with the candy of meat (bacon). If in the future you come across anything deliciously related to this non-kosher cuisine, think of and inform me!

No comments: